Geek Theology 001

For some time now, I have been collecting quotations, lines from movies, television series, books, etc. that illustrate defining values of what I and others have taken to calling "Geek Theology." When I run across them, I like to post them on the various Geekklesia social media outlets (Facebook and Google+), but I'd like to start posting them here, grouped by themes.

Darkness and Light

"Once you let the darkness in, it never comes out." -- ARROW, season 2, episode 17 "Birds of Prey."

Sarah Lance/Black Canary: "I spent six years in the darkness, and I looked into the eyes of the devil, and I gave him my soul."
Ollie/Arrow: "Let me help you get it back." -- ARROW, S2, episode 21: "Seeing Red"

Barry Allen/The Flash: "Turns out no one can outrun pain. Life is tragic. But it's also precious and sweet and extraordinary and the only way I know to honor my mom's life is to keep running." -- THE FLASH, S1 Ep 3, "Things You Can't Outrun"

Detective James Gordon: "I promise you, however dark and scary the world might be right now... there will be light. There will be light, Bruce." -- GOTHAM, S1, episode 1 "Pilot"

Ichabod Crane: “The way we fight monsters must not be to create monsters. We must be better than them.”  -- SLEEPY HOLLOW, S2, episode 2 "The Kindred"

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." - J. R. R. Tolkien

“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

"Oft hope is born when all is forlorn." - Legolas, The Return of the King, by J.R.R. Tolkien

Buttercup: You mock my pain.
Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something. -- The Princess Bride

"Just because someone stumbles, loses their way, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever." -- Charles Xavier (Professor X), X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Scooby-Doo taught us that the real monsters are human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Review] Daredevil (Marvel/Netflix TV series)

Star Wars: T-Minus Two Weeks - Initial Thoughts

Max Headroom: Thirty-Year Celebration Reblog - Future Tense