Inaugural Post!

Here, before you, is the inaugural post of my newest blog, entitled "Limelight Department NA."

What is this name all about?  Well, I'm glad you asked!

As many readers of my previous foray into the world of online journaling will know, I have an affiliation with The Salvation Army.  My educational background is in Television and Film, and I was intrigued to learn that The Salvation Army was a major player in the development of the film industry in Australia in the late 19th century.

The Army's unit was known as the "Limelight Department," which alluded to the method of projecting slides (the original product of the department) onto a screen with Limelight, which was produced by heating cakes of lime until they glowed white-hot.  An excellent history of the deaprtment can be found here.

To honor this pioneering venture, I chose the name "Limelight Department" with the additional signifier "NA" which simply stands for "North America."  I've used this moniker for small audio and video media items I've produced, so it only seems fitting to continue to use it here as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Review] Daredevil (Marvel/Netflix TV series)

Max Headroom: Thirty-Year Celebration Reblog - Future Tense

Star Wars: T-Minus Two Weeks - Initial Thoughts